2013年2月4日 星期一

Wiktionary - Recent changes [en]: Talk:ponto

Wiktionary - Recent changes [en]
Track the most recent changes to the wiki in this feed.
Talk:ponto
Feb 4th 2013, 22:59

← Older revision Revision as of 22:59, 4 February 2013
Line 4: Line 4:
 
::: "of or relating to both the Black Sea and the Mediterranean" —[[User:Metaknowledge|Μετάknowledge]]<small><sup>''[[User talk:Metaknowledge|discuss]]/[[Special:Contributions/Metaknowledge|deeds]]''</sup></small> 23:43, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
 
::: "of or relating to both the Black Sea and the Mediterranean" —[[User:Metaknowledge|Μετάknowledge]]<small><sup>''[[User talk:Metaknowledge|discuss]]/[[Special:Contributions/Metaknowledge|deeds]]''</sup></small> 23:43, 3 February 2013 (UTC)
 
:::: Thanks. I've had a look around and couldn't find useful abbreviations. 黑地中 could mean anything. For example, when used in the boardgame [[go]], it refers to areas controlled by the black pieces. The main reason for this is because these two regions are not wellknown to the Chinese as being related (at least when it comes to China's political interest). I suggest NOT to abbreviate at all and simply use their full forms: e.g., [[黑海]]和[[地中海]](的)[[防御]]. [[User:Jamesjiao|Jamesjiao]] → <sup><small>[[User talk:Jamesjiao|T]] ◊ [[Special:Contributions/Jamesjiao|C]]</small></sup> 22:17, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
 
:::: Thanks. I've had a look around and couldn't find useful abbreviations. 黑地中 could mean anything. For example, when used in the boardgame [[go]], it refers to areas controlled by the black pieces. The main reason for this is because these two regions are not wellknown to the Chinese as being related (at least when it comes to China's political interest). I suggest NOT to abbreviate at all and simply use their full forms: e.g., [[黑海]]和[[地中海]](的)[[防御]]. [[User:Jamesjiao|Jamesjiao]] → <sup><small>[[User talk:Jamesjiao|T]] ◊ [[Special:Contributions/Jamesjiao|C]]</small></sup> 22:17, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
  +
::::: If it comes to that, it's an extraordinarily rare term in English too, and probably extremely few people associate "Ponto-" with the Black Sea, as very few people even know the ancient name [[Pontus Euxinus]] for the Black Sea to begin with. I had never heard the term before I saw this thread, and although I suspected it meant "Black Sea + Mediterranean Sea" I had to google it and find images like [http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v89/n1/images/6800087f5.jpg this] to be sure. —[[User:Angr|'''An''']][[User talk:Angr|''gr'']] 22:59, 4 February 2013 (UTC)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

沒有留言:

張貼留言